Differential pressure gauge measures the difference between two pressures within a system. The connection is between pressure points connected through two inlet ports.
Uses of differential pressure gauge:-
- Monitor filter status using a differential pressure gauge:- The differential pressure increases between inlet and outlet because of contaminants in the filter mesh. It shows how dirty a filter is because of the pressure drop. Differential pressure gauges in filter applications are quite beneficial. Filter status is known so that operators can save the damage. Also, legal issues won’t come up as manufacturers and customers would not misuse filter. If the filter status is known, the sales of the cartridge are increased and you can set your filter apart from other competitors.
- Flow rate measurement using a differential pressure gauge:- Bernoulli’s theorem states that a decrease in pressure leads to an increase in the speed of any fluid. So, using this principle, one can understand the flow rate easily. This method has a long life since the flow rate is determined accurately.
- Measuring liquid using a differential pressure gauge:- A differential pressure gauge can accurately measure the level of liquid in a tank. The differential pressure gauge parts must be used by connecting the high side to the bottom of the tank, and the low side to the top of the tank. As a result, this becomes a cost-effective solution. It helps to determine the exact level of liquid in a tank. Differential pressure gauges are more efficient than other measuring instruments and add value to the storage tanks.
- Detecting the scale build-up using a differential pressure gauge:- Scale build-ups in pipes and pumps are monitored greatly by the differential pressure gauge. The device detects the excessive pressure loss as a result of the deposit build-up. Placing a differential pressure gauge alongside a pump can give you prior change in pressure from inlet to outlet. When the direct feedback of scale is received, the maintenance team also remains happy, since it has a very strong design despite being inexpensive.
- Detecting leaks using a differential pressure gauge:- By comparing a leaking vessel and a reference vessel, the differential pressure can be calculated. Results are very accurate saving time.
Differential pressure gauges parts in Mumbai are available at all locations with effective pricing.
Types of differential pressure gauge:-
- Piston-style differential pressure gauge:- They are specially designed for longer service life. It works best at places where low differential pressure gauges are required. For instance, a clean fluid or a gaseous medium. The examples are basically of a separating diaphragm, that does not oppose the direction of flow.
- Dual diaphragm differential pressure gauges:- Dual Differential pressure gauges are beneficial in tanks where two diaphragms are required. These are the ideal options in tanks where high working pressures work with low differential pressures. The device is made out of stainless steel and is quite suitable for high working pressures.
- All welded differential pressure gauge:- These pressure gauges work best in corrosive environments or at high temperatures.